The area is called the Glebe because in the initial 1837 survey of Ottawa the area of 178 acres was deeded by the Crown to St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church as Clergy Reserve. The word "glebe" means church lands, and the area was originally known as "the glebe lands of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church".
Sold Out - $60.00
Centretown is marked by a mix of residential and commercial properties. The main streets such as Bank Street and Elgin Street are largely commercial, while... Read More
The BIA was designated in 1989, and was named Somerset Heights it was renamed Chinatown in 2005. While officially designated "Chinatown", the area is home... Read More
In 1908, the communities of Janeville, Clarkstown and Clandeboy were joined to form the village of Eastview. In 1913, Eastview was incorporated as a town.... Read More